In Bus stand:
I had great experience yesterday in bus while coming from my hometown (Chittoor) to Bangalore. In fact it was my most adventures and funniest journey.
Bus stand was fully crowded. Bus came from the depot to bus stand at 10PM, I saw that driver is struggling little bit to put the bus in right spot in the platform.
People are running towards the bus, so i thought may be that is the reason why he (driver) is struggling.
Bus started at 11PM from bus stand. While starting the bus he (again driver) was not able to change the gears, again i thought may be gear rod was little tight enough to change.
When bus reached to outskirts of the town he (driver) struggling to change gear again. Then my seat mate told me that, "This guy doesn't know driving". That time I got little bit doubt in my mind.But again I felt that "Gear rod might be too rusty". My seat mate started speaking with me about driving and he told me that he himself is a driver. I said Ok and started listening songs.
In Petrol filling station:
After 30 mins drive, he (driver) took diversion from NH4 into a petrol bunk (to fill diesel). Here comes the seen of the night... "He banged the divider in petrol bunk". Everybody in the bus lost their sense for a while and then realized that some thing happened, but luckily nothing happened to the people in the bus. Few people got down from the bus and saw what exactly happened to the bus. Bus got hit near back tire. Then people were started asking "Conductor”, "Is this Driver regular driver?", "Is he know driving?", like that. Surprisingly, conductor replied "Even I don't know!!!!"
I am seeing this guy first time in this route. Everybody was shocked with conductor’s response. And then people and conductor started cracking jokes against Driver.
Background of the "Driver":
Actually APSRTC running this bus as "on hire service". In this case APSRTC doesn't care about the bus maintenance and driver. This should take care by the private company.
Regular driver for this service was asked to go in some other route, so we got this "Dynamic Driver".
After filling diesel:
Then bus started from the petrol filling station and came to NH4, and he (Driver) was asked by conductor that "Do you know driving??". Everybody in the bus laughed. Driver felt very bad.
He is driving around 30km/hr on NH4 and my seat mate told me that "Don't worry, we will reach by 8AM" (4 hrs delay), I laughed and watching the road and side vehicles.
Here comes, one of the greatest achievement of our driver, "he overtook one big container lorry", I was surprised and stared at my seat mate... and told that "he can also overtake the vehicles"... :)
Then he asked me, "have you seen that truck after overtaking?” I said "No". He said "our great driver overtook just in front of the truck and back side of the bus missed by couple of inches ".
Before reaching next town there is a ghat road for about 4kms. Here comes the end of our greatest driver’s story. After reaching the ghat section, he is again started playing with gear rod like joy stick.
And funniest part is bus went couple of meters back side, one of the lorry following us about to hit. That lorry driver is very smart (not smarter than our driver: P) and took diversion as soon as he saw our Bus is coming back side. Then along with me most of the guys in the bus concluded that, this guy (driver) doesn't know the driving.
Then we asked him (driver) to stop the vehicle, but he is not at all listening to us and playing with joy stick (gear rod). :)
Conductor and my seat mate asked him to apply hand break and get out of the seat. People in the bus started shouting at him. But still driver is looking for some thing. Luckily our great driver found the hand break at last and applied it on middle of the road.
Then conductor called APSRTC, Depot Manager. Depot Manager told that, stop the service in next town and he will arrange another driver. So we are about 10Kms away from the next town. People didn't allow our great driver to drive. So that time my seat mate, told me one thing, "he is also from the same private company that driver belongs to". Then he spoken to the conductor and people in the bus, he told that "Don't worry, I will take you guys to Bangalore... ". That statement created confidence in most of the people in the bus.
Then he started the bus (The way he started the bus and moved for couple of meters, created good impression on this driver) and dropped at Bangalore at around 3:30PM. 30mins late than expected time. He drove like a expert. But he is very young. I got a impression that "He is the hero". But he is looking for permanent job in APSRTC and he told me that he applied for it. He got all the potential to become a good driver, he deserve to be a good driver.
Almost everybody in the bus "Thanked him, before getting down at Majestic".
And few people in the bus were telling that “I think there should be a lucky person in this bus, so that we have reached safely”, then I thought that “That guy is non another than our Greatest Driver (First driver: P)…”
But I still didn't understand that how that first driver managed to drove for 40KMs??? :) .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletebhaga nadipadu kadhu :)
ReplyDeleteera madhu, neeku ippudu bus driving nerchukovalani vundi kadaaa!!!!! Malli eppudayina kasta kaalam edurayite nuvve nadupukuntu vacheyochu -:)
ReplyDelete